Kaywoodie Drinkless Bent

Recently I won a pair of Kaywoodie Bents on eBay. When they  arrived they were in pretty good shape. Here is the first Reserection of the pair.

 

 

 

I gave it a light ream with my Castelford ream set followed by a nice alcohol cleaning and cleaned the rim with some saliva and alcohol. The stem had some chatter at the bit and I sanded it out with wet pads from 1200-4000 grit and dry sanded it through 12000 grit.

Using a black stain I redid the rusticated areas and then with a dark brown stain I went over the rest of the bowl. Lastly I gave it a ride on the buffing wheel and used some Brebbia Stem Polish on the stem to bring it back up.

 

Advertisements